Archive for January, 2015|Monthly archive page
Guests are Always Welcome! 7:00 p.m. discussion in Meeting Room B at the Allen County Public Library (ACPL), 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our Genealogy Technology Group is an open discussion of anything related to genealogy whether software, the internet, computers, mobile devices such as cellphones and tablets, social media and much more. Bring your questions and/or problems to the Allen County Public Library, Room B on the third Wednesday of each month from 7:00-8:30 pm.
Visit our web ACGSI site: www.acgsi.org
“Telling Your Own Story” presented by Curt Sylvester – January 14, 2015 – Free Educational Genealogy Program
During your genealogical searching, wouldn’t it be exciting to find that one of your grandparents had written their own autobiography?
Curt Sylvester will show us how each of us can write our own story as a gift to our future generations.
Curt is past President of ACGSI and is the present Chair of Programming. He has written six genealogical books which are shelved in the Family History Room.
Guests are Always Welcome!
6:30 p.m. refreshments and social time. 7:00 p.m. a free genealogy program in Meeting Room A at the Allen County Public Library (ACPL), 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Genealogy Technology Group
Meets the third Wednesday evening of each month September to May in Meeting Room B at 7:00 p.m at ACPL. We have an open discussion of anything related to the internet, computers, social media, genealogy software and much much more.
Lots of new “stuff” was added to our www.acgsi.org web site in 2014. Some items are public while some are Members Only. Volunteer time, membership fees and donations help us keep adding more items online.
A sample of new “stuff” added in 2014.
- Allen County Marriages from State Index 1958-2004
- Allen County Marriages, 1943-
- Cholera Deaths, etc., Fort Wayne, 1849
- Divorce newspaper notices 1896-1899, 1905-1916
- First Families database updated with 2014 applicants
- Funeral Card Collection now over 11,000 cards!
- Gable Civil War clippings collection
- Old Catholic Cemetery History from 1849+
- Marriage books 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142
- Home page 52 week portraits
- Lindenwood Cemetery Index 1979-1992, 2011-2013
- Social Security Death Index pre-2010
- Voter registrations
- Allen County Lines quarterly publications
- Kinerk-Dalman family papers
- Mid-1800s to mid 1900s church class lists, directories, calendars, donor lists, dedications, histories, manuals, and more
- Miscellaneous business and high School records