Archive for March, 2016|Monthly archive page
New “stuff” added to our www.acgsi.org web site in 2016 is listed here. Some items are public while some are Members Only. Volunteer time, membership fees and donations make it possible to keep adding more items online.
- “Day with John Philip Colletta” June 8, 2016 banquet online registration form: http://www.acgsi.org/colletta.php or print to mail form: http://www.acgsi.org/colletta.pdf
- Deceased voter registrations, surnames starting with BL
- Deed index through #1990
- Divorces 1891
- Emanuel Lutheran (Marion Twp.) burials, fixes for diacritics
- First Baptist Church registers, 1837-1853, 1837-1865
- First Christian Church membership register, I-M
- Marriage book 151
- ‘Grow as a Genealogist’ page: http://www.acgsi.org/grow.php
- Vital record collection through #166
- Fort Wayne deaths, Jan.-Jul. 1873
- Grace Reformed Church register, 1883-1887
- St. John’s Reformed Church register, 1844-1848, was at SE corner of Washington & Webster (only a dozen or so local churches have 1840s records)
Free Monthly Educational Programs
Second Wednesday evening September to May with 6:30 p.m. refreshments and social time. 7:00 p.m. FREE genealogy program in Meeting Room A at the Allen County Public Library (ACPL), 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Genealogy Technology Group
Third Wednesday evening September to May at 7:00 p.m in ACPL Meeting Room B. Round table discussion of anything related to genealogy research using the internet, computers, mobile devices, social media, software and much much more.
Family Tree Maker software and Windows 10 continue as leading discussion topics. Any genealogy topic welcome.
Guests are Always Welcome! 7:00 p.m. discussion in Meeting Room B at the Allen County Public Library (ACPL), 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our Genealogy Technology Group is an open discussion of anything related to genealogy whether software, the internet, computers, mobile devices such as cellphones and tablets, social media and much more. Bring your questions and/or problems to the Allen County Public Library, Room B on the third Wednesday of each month from 7:00-8:30 pm.
Visit our web ACGSI site: www.acgsi.org
“Gaining Insight into a Life with School Research” presented by Adam Barrone – March 9, 2016 – Free Educational Genealogy Program
School records are often overlooked by genealogical researchers. School records might help fill in dates, places and other information. Learn where to look for school records that will enhance your research.
Adam Barrone is supervisor of the ACPL Historical Genealogical Research Center. He began genealogical research at the age of fifteen. After a short stint as a teacher, he became a staff member at ACPL working with PERSI and is webmaster for ACGSI.
Guests are Always Welcome!
6:30 p.m. refreshments and social time. 7:00 p.m. a free genealogy program in Meeting Room A at the Allen County Public Library (ACPL), 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Genealogy Technology Group
Meets the third Wednesday evening of each month September to May in Meeting Room B at 7:00 p.m at ACPL. We have an open discussion of anything related to the internet, computers, social media, genealogy software and much much more.